Come to Wai Yee Hong to join in Lunar New Year celebrations for the Year of the Rabbit! This annual event is free to attend, and features a festive New Year market and many fantastic acts by local performers, including dancing, musical performances, kung fu demonstrations and a traditional lion dance for good luck.
Wai Yee Hong are pleased to welcome back foodie friends who will be serving up delicious dishes at the popular street food market this year. Come and taste a wide variety of Asian foods from the stalls in our market or join in the festivities by having your face painted.
- Pick up New Year gifts and delicious Chinese pastries, alongside bubble tea and hot drinks.
- Dumplings are a traditional food for the New Year and Eatchu will be serving them up in the form of gyoza.
- Sushi and other Japanese favourites will be available from She Sells Sushi.
- 5 Foot Way, are returning with their signature Char Koay Teow and will be taking pre-orders for their ‘Prosperity Toss’!
- Desy Thai returns with their popular Thai noodle and curry dishes.
- We are pleased to see Gopal’s Curry Shack returning with their delicious vegan and vegetarian Indian street food!
- We can’t wait to try the offerings from New Year newbies, Ninjo, who will be serving their range of gluten-free, plant-based noodle bowls, inspired by flavours from China, Japan and Thailand.
- For those seeking a Vietnamese flavour for Tết, our friends at Wok ‘n’ Roll will be joining us for the first time this year.
- If it’s Cantonese roast meats you’re looking for, ‘Duckman’ will be coming to serve up some of the best in Bristol.
- Wow Faces will be spreading colour with their face painting and (biodegradable) glitter tattoos.